The mission of the Street Department is to provide the City of Greenwood with a maintained and safe transportation system. Major functions of the department include: minor street resurfacing, brush pick-up, recycling, street sweeping, mowing public right-of-ways, and overall street maintenance.
If you find problems with City streets in Greenwood, such as pot holes, down or damaged street signs, or drainage problems, please contact us. If you call the Main Office and nobody is available to take your call, please leave us a message on our voice mail.
Monthly Brush Pickup
Curbside brush pickup is performed by the Greenwood Street Department.
Beginning on the first Tuesday of each month the Street Department will begin collection at all requested addresses until all are completed (Usually 1-3 Days).
Please follow the following guidelines when preparing your lawn and garden waste for pickup.
- Grass and Leaves must be bagged
- Please use biodegradable yard waste bags if possible
- Pickup will be only on the street side (no alley pickups)
- All brush must be stacked in small piles that are no more than four feet in length and eighteen inches in diameter (4' x 18")
- Keep brush piles and bags out of the street (place bundles behind the curb line)
- The individual limb size should be no more than four inches in diameter
- There must not be any other debris mixed with the brush pile (No Trash)
Please call City Hall for more information.
Paper & Plastic Recycling
The City of Greenwood Street Department is committed to recycling and we are working towards implementing efficient and convenient methods for citizens to recycle.
We operate a Drop-Off Recycling Center adjacent to the Street Department Main Office that accepts paper and plastic products.
Our hours of operation are 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM Monday through Friday.
For Items that we do not accept, please visit the following website:
Sebastian County Solid Waste District
Items we accept:
- Paper products such as Cardboard, Newspapers, Phone Books, Computer Paper, and Magazines
- Plastic Bottles
- Aluminum Cans
- Electronic Equipment
Items we do not accept:
- Motor Oil
- Household Cleaning Products